Skip to Content

Skelaxin - what is the best muscle relaxer for someone who has had a stroke?

Responses (1)

Rajive Goel 2 Apr 2012

Skelaxin is a prescription muscle relaxant. It is approved for use in combination with rest, physical therapy, and other treatments for relieving the pain associated with short-term "musculoskeletal conditions," such as muscle spasms due to an injury.

Since you mention a stroke to be involved, it would be best to seek medical advice before you use Skelaxin.

Take care, best wishes!

kennyt2 4 Apr 2012

Yea the Dr she is seeing gave her a RX for Skelaxin, she has also tried Datrium and is now on backlifin. I just wanted to know which is best. The Skelaxin seem to work the best although the datrium and backlifin were very small doses.


Rajive Goel 5 Apr 2012

Welcome, importantly is too be well, take care! free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions

How can I tell if Im having a mini stroke?

Posted 14 Aug 2014 3 answers

What can an MRI/MRA show given my symptoms?

Posted 22 Dec 2014 3 answers

Can I ask for alternatives?

Posted 5 Jul 2016 1 answer

Does Skelaxin knock you out for a day?

Posted 27 Nov 2016 0 answers