I have been taking Adderall for about 3 years and I'm currently taking 30mg twice a day. My does hasonly been up once since I have been on it. It is still working GREAT. At first I lost weight, didn't sleep well, and I was moody all the time (i think that had a lot to do with not eating much and the lack of sleep) but now I'm maintaining my current weight and sleeping more. I am a full time college student and i think that Adderall has been the main reason I get great grade and have been on the dean’s list since my first semester. For the past 4 years my son’s dad and I have been on again off again all 4 years. The reason for this is because he has physically and mentally abused me, he lies all the time, and he will not take responsibility for his son and his own actions. He seems to think that Adderall has been the reason for our on again off again relationship. I first time he found them he Google information about them and said I was taking meth and that I was no better than a street drug user and flushed them down the toilet. I continued to take them because I needed them and trying to explain to him about ADHD and what Adderall does to help but in the end it was like talking to a wall. He is against taking ANY medication; he will not even take Motrin! He tries to call me out in front of his family about my so called "drug addiction" to make me look like a bad Mom.
Ok now to my problem... I have called it quits again and now he is threaten to contact my ex (who I have a child with and I have primary custody of) and tell him that I am "addicted" to Addreall so he will take me back to court to get full custody of our son. He also said that the judge would give him full custody because I'm taking Adderall. Is there any truth to that? I know I’m a good mom and I'm trying to better our lives but in all reality I have ADHD and I feel that Adderall is helping me do that