Simvastatin. When is it safe to take my dose? I forget whether I took it at 6pm and it's 9.30p now?

Rajive Goel 19 May 2010

The usual answer for Missed Dose is: If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up. Hope this helps?

marjorie zych 19 May 2010

If you don't remember if you took your dose I would count my pills and see if it is the right amount. Then if you realize that you didn't take it you can take it as soon as you have remembered as long as it is not to close to the next scheduled dose. Hope this little tidbit helps you.

ivacrist 19 May 2010

marjorie, yours is the most helpful. Grt idea to count my pills from the start! Then if I am unsure if I miss marking my calendar at 6pm and am unsure, the count will tell me what I did versus no. of pill there yesterday.Thanks! ivacrist

marjorie zych 19 May 2010

Glad I could help. That has always worked for me. Our health is to important to mess with and meds are to expensive not to take. Glad I could help you, happy counting. (Just kidding)