hurting, aching, stiffness all over, shoulders and legs and even my back feels strained.
Dear Rosey.. I,m so sorry to hear your suffering from this medication..my mom takes it too, and I hear the same complaints from her. I keep praying for her to get better; she has diabetsis and is on Diaylsis. If I hear of anything you can do I surely will let u know, Mom uses a heating pad on her back and can u take Motrin(its for muscle aches) she takes that and sits in the recliner with heating pad on and her feet up..Pray this helps you dear sister.
Lord Jesus I pray that you lift up dear Rosey and ease her pain, give her comfort in knowing that you care for her and will help her in this time of suffering,, in YOur name i pray..amen~
I am very. concerned of what is happening to you and the painover answeree,
mother. So what I have did was research the medication.What I would do if I was you. Take a copy of this web site I refer to, to your physician's office and show it to your physician. There are other medications out there to help you without these side effects.
No one should live in pain !! Life is too short for that. If your doctor does not want to hear it, move on. 75% of treatment is in your ballpark the other is 25% is the physician's knowledge in his field of expertiese and application there of.
Keep an open mind and I know you will be able to live life, and enjoy life
"Side Effects of Simvastatin - for the Consumer
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Simvastatin/Niacin:
Back pain; constipation; diarrhea; flushing (eg, dizziness, itching, redness, tingling, warmth); headache; nausea; runny or stuffy nose; stomach upset.
Patients should be instructed to report symptoms of muscle pain, weakness, or tenderness. If such symptoms develop, creatine kinase should be measured, and if elevated, simvastatin should be discontinued. The value of regular monitoring of creatine kinase is not known. In some studies, elevations in creatine kinase occurred in up to 5.2% of patients on simvastatin. In most cases, these elevations were mild, transient, and not associated with clinical symptoms.
At least six cases of simvastatin-induced rhabdomyolysis associated with concomitant use of a macrolide antibiotic (i.e., erythromycin, clarithromycin) have been reported. In all cases the patients had been receiving simvastatin routinely (40 to 80 mg/day) prior to short-term (7 to 10 days) macrolide therapy. The proposed mechanism of interaction is inhibition of CYP450 3A4 metabolism and/or P-glycoprotein transport of simvastatin. Symptoms included myalgia, muscle weakness, elevated serum creatine kinase levels, and in some patients elevated liver transaminase levels.
A rare case of simvastatin-induced bilateral leg compartment syndrome and myonecrosis developed in a patient with hypothyroidism after one month of therapy with simvastatin. Following withdrawal of simvastatin and emergency fasciotomies the patient recovered."
To Good Health
- Simvastatin Information for Consumers
- Simvastatin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Simvastatin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 20 May 2013 • 4 answers
Patient who is taking simvastatin and he suffers from muscle pain , he start taking diclofenac , is?
Posted 28 Oct 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 20 Dec 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 12 Mar 2015 • 2 answers
I was on simvastatin in 2013 and was put in the hospital with dehydration,cramps and muscle pain. My
Posted 6 Jun 2015 • 3 answers