Hi all, I have had Psoriatic Arthritis for 15 1/2 years now and when I was first diagnosed I was put on Methotrexate. After a few years Sulfasalazine was added to help. 2 years ago I stopped the Methotrexate and started on Simponi. Is anyone on here taking Simponi together with Sulfasalazine or suffers with PsA??
Hello ... I just had my second injection of Simponi. I am taking MTX with it. I would strongly urge you yo stsy with MTX or at least monitor your joints RIGOROUSLY for several years because:
a) I started MTX in early 1977 when my sed rate was over 100; I have Reiter's Syndrome; dosage was 27 mg/week
b) I took Sulfasalazine with MTX, Indocin (and its clones),
c) when my liver tests forced me off MTX for more than four weeks I felt increasing pain and saw increased redness and swelling
d) I stopped MTX in Dec 2000 after several Vioxx "episodes", switched to Enbrel until early 2011
e) restarted MTX because I was getting SLOWLY worse; I failed to notice and the health plan failed as well:
1) replacement of left MCP in 2004,
2) follow-up operation in 2010 to remove 1/4 inch of "build-up" around right heel and Achilles tendon (doc left tendon alone, as separation & re-attachment was not worth it (has anyone had that type of operation?)
3) both TMJs replaced Nov 2012 (yes, 2 yrs ago next week)
4) repeated swollen & painful joints in feet, increased MTX to .8mg/week subcu
5) although the TMJ operation brought instant relief to my upper back & neck, the stiffness re-appeared within a year (but it was great while it lasted)
Since then, while still on MTX, I switched from Enbrel to:
Humira for several months (no change),
Otezla for 8 weeks before depression reared its ugly head (not suicidal, but just a feeling that my life & relationships with people were easily replaceable ... the simple cog in the machine), toes became so swollen that blood did not flow sufficiently, blisters at end of toes increased, mini-cuts created two separate instances of IV anti-biotics in the doc's office,
Took prednisone for six weeks until I realized that screaming loudly at my wonderful dog so that she would return to my room several minutes later with her tail between her legs
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 19 Jul 2011 • 3 answers
I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis 25 years ago. I'm 50 now. The psoriasis left for a while b?
Posted 9 Nov 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Dec 2013 • 4 answers
Posted 14 Jan 2016 • 3 answers
Posted 8 Feb 2018 • 1 answer