My doctor recently had me stop taking Paxil 30mg and the next day take 10mg Lexapro. Now I have been taking Paxil for the last 3 years. It worked great but over the last 6 months my panic attacks have came back strongly. So my doctor first moved me from 20mg Paxil to 30mg. I tried that for a few weeks. It wasn’t doing anything . So I went back and he told me to try Lexapro. So I quit cold turkey on Tuesday off the Paxil. An started taking Lexapro 10mg on Wednesday. It’s now Friday and the past couple of days the side effects have been hell. Nervous, nauseous, vertigo, dizziness, sweating, feeling like my head is in a fog. Is this normal? Will this all go away? An is there anything I can do to lessen the symptoms.

I also take 25mg of metoprolol twice a day for high blood pressure. I’ve been on it for over 5 years.

Thanks.