R there any side effects using charcoal when in first trimester of pregnancy?

kaismama 5 Oct 2012

Using charcoal for what?

Lisa01 5 Oct 2012

There have been no studies done on the use of charcoal during reproduction of humans. I would certainly consult your OB prior to using it. There may be something known to be safer to use for your purposes that for OB can tell you about. Hope this helps.
Lisa

endlessPred 5 Oct 2012

Charcoal can have many impurities in it depending upon the source. It often contains coal which would be very bad for a developing fetus. The impurities, oils, type of wood can have toxic effects.

Call your physician before you start experimenting.

endlessPred 5 Oct 2012

Oh, and as far as I know there is no such thing as a GI decontamination. If you believe you need to adjust your gut. I suggest you let the doctor know. I remember my grandmother saying burnt toast was perfect for getting rid of pin worms. Of course now we know it causes cancer.

kaismama 5 Oct 2012

I don't know what the big colon cleansing craze is about. As far as I know God made them self cleaning.