Side Effect - Anyone have good experience or bad with celexa? Just started 20mg daily?

tjohnson92389 18 Jun 2011

Celexa is a typical drug the doctors use for depression, and anxiety or both.

It's a pretty easy going drug, its almost protocol for any doctor to try this first. They kinda hand them out like skittles. Just follow the directions well, and you'll be alright. :)

Hope all is well

Delila 18 Jun 2011

Hi, i have definitely benefited from celexa. I've been on them for just over a year. I started on 20mg and am now up to 60mg (to balance out my bipolar meds). Most people start on 20mg and go up to 40mg. They have given me my energy back and a much brighter outlook on life. I don't believe i have suffered any side effects either, other than the first 3-4 weeks of getting used to them. This first phase can be really tricky but if you can manage to get through this there is a chance you could benefit greatly. Other members on this site have had the same success that i have. Has your doctor warned you about how you may feel to start with? You can feel worse before you feel better, i was very emotional, but as i said, i love them now!