I have been taking suboxone continuously for about 6 months. I started off taking 3.5 8mg/2mg pills a day. I was very heavily addicted to heroin doing about 1 to 2 grams each day. Sometimes up to 5 grams if I could. It's been a year now that I've been seeing my doctor and the suboxone didn't really help for about the first 6 months because I wasn't ready to let go, I didn't stop using and when I'd take it I would screw up and take it too early which is worse than regular WDs. Also that high of a dosage for a 115lb girl I think was too high because I was constantly sick to my stomach and when I threw up it would be the most intense puke ever. I never threw up WDing I only experience the insane sweats and leg pain and severe anxiety attacks.

So it has now been 6 straight months of no heroin/opiate use and I have cut myself down to 1/4 of a strip a day. (BTW I HIGHLY recommend getting the little strips, your doctor should give you a coupon for $75 off because they are new and if you have insurance that covers most of it, it really is worth it). Anyways for the past 3 months I've been on 2mg/0.5mg and I haven't had any problems at all. I've felt great, usually I take it every other day unless needed. When I run out I usually don't feel sick for 4 days. But for the past 3 weeks or so I have been sick to my stomach and sweating badly everyday. It seems to be getting worse even and I've thrown up everyday for the past week.

Has anyone had this problem after a year? Do I need to switch to the 2mg/.5mg strips and cut those in half? I know that my dose isn't too low I have been doing really well considering how bad I used to be. And I believe the amount of time you're on it and the dosage all depends on your tolerance and amount of use so please no angry comments like I've read telling people what to do or judgment because I've been on it for so long. I have a great doctor, and no, doctors don't just take an 8 hour online class to be qualified, actually each state can only allow a certain amount of doctors to prescribe this drug. In my state there are only 100 doctors allowed this includes detox clinics. Maybe I just got lucky finding an educated, and encouraging doctor. He has a seperate office where he strictly deals with subutex and suboxone. It sounds like some of you didn't get so lucky because my doctor told me everything I needed to know.

I've read over a lot of the comments and it seems like some of you have had the same symptoms as me, but these came out of nowhere!! I'm just wondering if anyone had a similar story. I can't eat hardly anything, drink water, and I'm very unpleasant to be around. I know I'm not pregnant either. So can anyone give me any advice on what I should do? If I should cut down to 1mg or just stop altogether and deal with withdrawals for a few days? I also want to say that I've had stomach issues all my life so I am sensitive but never have my symptoms been this bad and it always seems to happen right after the strip dissolves.

One more question? I've heard a lot of people spit it out after its dissolved because your mouth fills with saliva. since these tiny, thin strips dissolve so fast could it be I'm swallowing it too soon and not letting it sit long enough in my mouth? I never had this problem with the pills but they took way too long to dissolve and over an hour to kick in. The strips take 5 minutes to kick in. But it feels like I'm swallowing so much crap and its a lot stronger tasting even with 1/4. And whenever I throw up its always that orange color and taste.

I'm sorry for all the rambling I'm just trying to include every detail I can think of because I'm so tired of throwing up and not even being able to move. God bless all of you out there trying to quit and never give up on yourself. If I can do it, then anyone can. I nearly killed myself on 5 different occasions and I was injecting. I could take a whole bottle of strong painkillers and still WD from it. So thank you to anyone who can shed some light on what I'm dealing with. I think it's time to be done it just seems too good to be true since I was so bad and scary because it is very addictive.

So 1. Is this normal after a year and should I stop taking it or lower my dosage even more?

2. Can anyone who has a similar story like mine tell me a good way to ween off fast without the weird side effects?

Also, my suboxone and klonopin were stolen from me one month and after about a week I had such horrible body spasms that I would fall to the ground shaking and I couldn't talk or control it. I was very confused, my heart rate was through the roof and I couldn't breathe. The doctors thought I was having seizures then told me it was the sudden lack of medication in my system(I have very bad anxiety and have had several panic attacks that have hospitalized me but never body spasms before.)

This is why I'm scared to just stop cold turkey. Thank you to anyone that can help