Should I be taking GABAPENTIN & LYRICA at the same time?

Anonymous

Gabapentin is for your nerves and lyrica is for fybromyalsia or pain whichever you are using it for. Yes this is fine as they are working on two totally different things they actually should work great together!

Checked on the Interactions Checker & found that they need to be monitored:

Applies to: gabapentin, Lyrica (pregabalin)

MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

Read more: https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1147-0,1937-2171#ixzz0toXQoQIM