For awhile I've been having weird reactions to caffeine. I at first I thought I was allergic to the dyes in some sodas, then I realised that it was caffeine sometime last April.

I remember the first time I had a strange reaction I had just turned 18, and I had a few cups of coffee and two energy drinks that day (I don't remember what kind they were, they were some weird foreign drink that was on sale). Later that night I started getting a wierd tingling feeling in my spine, then it spread to my left leg. The next morning I was in so much pain I could hardly move. I tried heat and ice and nothing helped. It got so bad that I ended up going to the emergency room. They just told me that it was growing pains, gave me a prescription for ibuprofen and sent me home.

It eventually went away, but it would periodically come back. It almost always started in the left leg but after that it spread to both legs most of the time. I only realised that it was caffeine doing it because there was one point in time that I gave up soda and energy drinks and only occasionally drank coffee. I stopped getting the pains and they would only return when I drank caffeine(Usually in the form of coke or pepsi, which is why I thought it was the dyes). I haven't been to the doctor about it since they told me it was growing pains when I knew that it wasnt. Are these just allergic reactions to caffeine, or could it be something more serious?