I had sex on Friday ! and I bought Plan B on Sunday !! Is it too late for me?

Stephen Treloar 4 Dec 2016

Hi, I feel that you need to add some more information to your original post as otherwise the answer will be meaningless.

Yes you did did take the Plan B within the allowed 72 hours but if you had just ovulated before the sex or within the next two days after then you may well have reason to worry. That being the case, I'll start with two simple questions; on what date did your last period start and/or what date is your next period due? Armed with just one of those dates we can be far more precise with an answer.

Ufa 4 Dec 2016

Hello, okay my last period was on November 19-24 ... I had sex on December 2nd ... my boyfriend said that he might pulled out late and there might be some in me !!! he said if I want to take a pls b pill ... I said okay ... but then I decided to buy the plan b today (Sunday,December 4) and start taking them ... and idk when is my next period starts ... if this helps ... thank u

Ufa 4 Dec 2016

Stephen Treloar 6 Dec 2016

Okay, that would have been day 13 which would be just before ovulation for a 'typical' woman. I would say that the use of Plan B, albeit a bit later than ideal, was a really prudent (sensible) decision.

As you are relying on the withdrawal method, I feel I should point out that couples who rely on this stand a more than 20% chance of being parents within two years. Plan B is also less effective than regular hormonal birth control.

If your next period is a week late then you will need to get a home pregnancy test.

I wish the best and good luck. :-)

Stephen Treloar 6 Dec 2016

You really should have taken the Plan B immediately, by the time you took the Plan B (day 15) you may have already ovulated. Don't despair however; even couples who are trying can take up to a year to get lucky.