I had sex with my fiance without protection a day after seen my period, can I get pregnant?

kaismama 1 Nov 2013

Any time you have unprotected sex you could get pregnant. You cannot be sure when you ovulate, and while the average says you probably won't get pregnant that time of the cycle, there is always the chance.

DzooBaby 1 Nov 2013

Your period is no protection against pregnancy. Some women will ovulate while having their period so as KM says, ANYTIME you have unprotected sex you are at risk for pregnancy. The rate is about a 30-35% chance anytime you have unprotected sex. If sex occurs close to ovulation you can get pregnant and there is no accurate way to know when you ovulate, even women who track for years cannot truly accurately predict ovulation because the body can throw us a curve at any time. The only way to avoid pregnancy (and even this isnt 100%) is to use a good reliable method of birth control like the Pill, IUD, NuvaRing, Depo-Provera etc. These methods when used correctly and consistently are around 98-99.9% effective at preventing pregnancy.