I am suffering from severe leg pain since 5 months. I am 22 and I am from India, I came to New York to pursue my Masters. It all started 5 months ago when I started playing tennis during the summer. I played tennis after a long time, so when I suffered swelling and pain in my legs I thought it could be because of stressing my body after a long time. But the pain and the swelling did not subside, my pain continously increased and I started getting bumps all over my body, for a few days there were some bumps even on my head. I developed buffalo hump, my end of backbone (I think it is called coccyx) has also swollen.

I approached doctors, some thought it was an alergy, some thought it was adrenal gland mal function, they did several blood tests, they were not able to come to any conclusion. They gave me heavy dosages of methyl prednisone, but the pain reduced and increased randomly. So, the doctor asked me to stop taking prednisone, that didnot show any affect. The pain was so severe that I could not even walk without support. After one and half months of severe pain I was able to walk a bit.

The present condition now is that I will get severe pain if I stress my body. Even now after 5 months if I walk for more than 5 minutes, I develop pain in my legs, I develop buffalo hump and my coccyx swells.

I feel like my threshold level of taking stress has decreased a lot.

Summary of my symptoms:

I am suffering from severe leg pain, the swellings are present but they are not strikingly noticable.
whenever I stress my body( stress could be as small as just walking for 5 minutes), I get severe pain in my legs, I develop a buffalo hump and my coccyx also swells.
When I get the pain I can sometimes feel that my leg is disfigured, the portion of the leg below knee looks like it has moved away from where it is supposed to be.

I am not even able to do my daily routine because of this, please help me from getting out of this hell.