I suffered an eating disorder for 20 years, very severe and all kinds of health problems do to it, loss of hair, passing out, skin problems, anxiety problems, depression, and 3 years ago I landed myself in the ICU with very severe dehydration, renal failure, liver failure, my CBC was WAY off (everything was terribly low), my whole body locked up per say distorting my facial features, arms being drawn up, fingers curled, it was scary, my blood pressure was severely low, pretty much they didnt expect me to leave there, thank God I did, BUT ended up right back into it, My eating disorder was both anorexia and bulimia, if I wasnt bingeing and purging then I wasnt eating(one bowl of lettuce a day with nothing on it) I binged up to 5 times a day, every single day and no less than 2 times a day, I averaged 105-110 pounds, I'm large boned and 5'6" tall, my smallest was 75, ugh, anyway I am on 8 months of being completely healthy, not to happy with my body, but am by far happier, living, and feel so much better overall, now every time I started eating I retained tons (15-35 pounds) of water and I guess the internist said it was due to my body not use to working right, such as kidneys with salt, bowels, digest, etc, and that it can take a long time. I STILL retain, some days worse than others, I do notice if I dont eat added salt or salty treats its not so bad(15 pounds of water) but when I do it can be 30 pounds of water just over night, but when will I NOT retain any at all? It's discouraging as hell and makes me want to restrict in order to get this water off because in the past it was the only way, and weight is so much more comfortable than water weight which is horrible and so uncomfortable... Does anyone have any advice whom has either themselves dealt with this or know someone who has? Thank you much :0)
My bowels work just fine, and I also urinate fine, I drink lots as well but not too much, I try and eat healthy foods, I eat 3x a day with yogurt or fruit for snacks, and yes sometimes a handful of pretzels or chips but I dont go over board, I guess I eat normal, and havent been adding salt to anything, I dont take laxatives anymore or water pills, I truly have given up all the bad habits...