Sertraline - Does Zoloft have anything to do with helping anger with bipolar depression?

janiebme 1 Jun 2016

Hi Angela-
Since meds react differently to everyones chemistry, you will not know if it helps with bi-polar depression/anger until you have been on it for a while, 4-8 weeks.

WildcatVet 1 Jun 2016

HI, angela! Certain subtypes of Bipolar disorder spectrum feature hypomanic episodes of anger, aggression, and hostility and usually require a mood stabilizer and/or antipsychotic.
Since antidepressants can provoke hypo/manic episodes be alert to worsening symptoms.
Best wishes, Wildcat

Stephen Treloar 2 Jun 2016

It didn't do me much good. Every time I found a closed door I'd kick it down or put holes in it. The rest of the time I was curled up on the floor in a corner staring at white paint for endless hours. Going outside produced the most insane panic attacks.

PS. I guess you can tell; I'm biased beyond limit. All the above is, actually, so rare as to not worry about.