Sertraline - Just been put on sertaline 50mg is it best to take them in the morning or at night?

WildcatVet 6 Nov 2015

Hi, Toni! Sertraline can be taken morning or evening whichever is most convenient for you. It can also be taken with or without food but it should be taken at the same time every day.
Some people experience some mild nausea, drowsiness, and sleepiness for the first few days to a week or so when starting sertraline ~ that might be a reason to take it at bedtime if you have these side effects.
Also be careful to avoid NSAID pain relievers (Aleve, naproxen, ibuprofen, etc.) without your doctor's approval. The two drugs taken together can sometimes cause bleeding/bruising issues.
Please feel free to write with any questions or concerns. We're just everyday people like you who are happy to share information from our personal experiences.
Best wishes, WCV

crystalpoeschel 8 Nov 2015

At Night Cause It Will Help Ya Sleep Better !!!

Lucknthezoo 9 Nov 2015

Hi Toni, Sertraline doesn't make me tired so I take it in the mornings. I hear that it can make you drowsy, therefore taking it at night would be understandable.