Does Seroquel work for anxiety?

fayfaith 20 Aug 2016

Seroquel (quetiapine) is an antipsychotic medicine. It works by changing the actions of chemicals in the brain.

Seroquel is used to treat schizophrenia in adults and children who are at least 13 years old.

Seroquel is used to treat bipolar disorder (manic depression) in adults and children who are at least 10 years old.

Seroquel is also used together with antidepressant medications to treat major depressive disorder in adults
"You could go and check out the reviews. Some people says it does work for anxiety & panic attacks, but remember what works for one might not work for another". Go to the Name:Seroquel and under the name are the reviews. Keep Us posted?!

Rivkalea 20 Aug 2016

My Dr added Seroquel to Prozac for anxiety and depression with awful life long insomnia. At first I took it as needed at small doses and it does work for me for anxiety and insomnia. But it has awful side effect profile if you take it at high dose every day. Hope this helps good luck

shellybeans 20 Aug 2016

Hi! I'm only on 25mg at bedtime but my doc said it would help me to get a full night sleep and not wake with anxiety during the night or first thing in the morning and so far so great for 3 months!

Newyorkgal35 20 Aug 2016

I have a high level of anxiety plus bipolar and am on diazepam for anxiety but, my Dr. also said when My anxiety is worse I could take Seroquel. I am on other meds for the Bipolar.

chuck1957 23 Aug 2016

Jeff; Yes it is common to be used with another medication like you are but to get the full benefit of the medication it has to be taken about the same time each day or night whatever the doctor said to work the best at controlling your condition and the morning anxiety. Plus it is important to get a good nights sleep so you have the mindset to help with the anxiety. Chuck1957