I was recently diagnosed with SAD and my Dr, believes I might get some benefit from Light therapy.. I've researched SAD and read quite a lot of blogs from patients that use Light therapy, and most say the Light lamp helps to lift their mood very well.. I was on antidepressants for years as I had major Depression after a messy marriage break up, but had to come of them last year as I started to show signs of Serotonin syndrome.. I'm from the South of New Zealand and our winter is June until the end of August.. So this is my first winter without any antidepressants, so I am having Therapy at present to help me understand more about SAD and ways of coping/staying well without without antidepressants..

I'm very interested in Light therapy as it might suit my needs and avoid taking medications.. Any replies/comments are very welcome please???