Sciatica - Can I take diclofenac if I'm alergic to ibuprofen?

kaismama 8 Dec 2014

What happens to you if you take ibuprofen?

Smassey01 8 Dec 2014

Break out in welps all over. Nose and ears started swelling, it teook doctor 6 weeks and over 3000 dollars spent on meds, ER and doctors visits. Finally went three days without breaking out and woke up with a headache one morning and took 2 advil and went back to sleep and when I woke up I was broke out all over and started swelling. Haven't taken one since and haven't broke out since. Just a lil gun shy with something that even looks like it could ibuprofen.

fastcarbon 9 Dec 2014

I had a reaction to Indocin about 20 years ago. I couldn't take any other NSAID until the Cox 2 drugs came out. I was able to use Viox until taken off the market. I have successfully taken Celebrex for about 5 years. I would recommend you talk to your doctor before trying diclofenac. Ask him for an Epi pen and use it if you get the reaction to Diclofenac that I would guess you will. I found each reaction to NSAIDS was worse than the prior one.