Schizoaffective Disorder - How does this support group work and is there live chat?

Anonymous 13 Aug 2011

The support groups here work by you posting a question or comment and others answering. It is NOT a live chat, there may be live chat on the forum/discussion boards, I don't know for sure. You can start threads there. You can join different support groups here and there are questions listed that have already been answered on the bottom of that particular support groups page. You can also friend people and ask them private questions. may I suggest that you go to your profile and hit the blue text that says "edit my profile," and list what you would like to about yourself, it doesn't have to be long or detailed, and then go to the schizoaffective disorder group and friend some people. You should be notified in your profile activity if they friend you back. You can also edit your settings on your profile page so it will send an email alert for various things, like a question you asked being answered or private questions being asked or answered.

skins1970 13 Aug 2011

There is a live thread on forum/discussion at the top of your page however this particular site works on you posting a question or comment and people who have knowledge of what you are after responding. It doesnt take very long at all to receive a response to a question you may have but you do have to nominate which support groups you wish to join. hope this helps

smileyhappy 14 Aug 2011

Hi there,
I was told I had this too in 2007. I am now stable also with Lithium and Manerix. I friended you if you have questions or want to chat.