Is it safe to take two plan b pills within 18 hours of each other?

LousArk 10 Dec 2015

That would be a huge dose of hormone for your body to cope with! It could make you feel very poorly, & mess your periods up for months.
There's nothing to say you can't use it again if you have to, but there aren't studies to confirm how safe it is to do so, or what the long term effects are. That's why it's advised that you don't use it more than once in any one cycle.

If you choose to take another one, then you can expect to get lots of hormonal symptoms*, & possibly heavy & prolonged bleeding (or spotting), & you may not get your actual period for several months.

Everyone is different. I had to use it twice close together (although not as close as you) & my experience was not pleasant. Hopefully it will be a better experience for you.

*spots, severe cramping, heavy bleeding, spotting, no proper periods/cycle for months, mood swings, depression, breast leaking/tenderness, depression, diarrhea, bloating, fatigue, nausea, back ache etc. etc.

Shae21 11 Dec 2015

Thanks for the help! I just don't want to risk getting pregnant and I'm so young lol I have things to accomplish before Im mentally prepare for motherhood

LousArk 11 Dec 2015

Sounds like birth control would be a good start, then.

victoriaclarkkk 13 Dec 2015

I took plan b 2 times within the last week and I too am young and have alot to do before becoming a mom. But in the case you do become pregnant, just know you aren't alone.