Is it safe to take Codeine with Tramadol?

kaismama 12 Oct 2013

No, you shouldn't mix other narcotics with tramadol.

Delila 13 Oct 2013

I have done this in the past, unaware that it shouldn't be done, and i felt awful! Both medications work on the same/similar brain receptors, so you could feel dizzy, nausea, lethargy, not a good idea

pickles503 14 Oct 2013

Hi verm. I checked this out and it doesn't sound like a good idea. This is what I read that might be informative/or not. You decide.

This is for the consumer(you):

Before using codeine and traMADol together. Using these medications together can increase your risk of seizures, breathing problems, and other side effects. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take both medications. Tell your doctor if you have weak or shallow breathing, tremors, restlessness, seizures, or problems with speech, balance, or walking. Avoid driving until you know how the medications will affect you. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.

I Switched to professional info here: