What is the role of vancomcycin in treatment prostatitis in cause of MRSA infection and dosing ?

Emeraldgirl 22 Aug 2013

Hello Tornado007

I must be honest, I don't fully understand the question. Prostatatitis is caused by a bacterial infection (but not in all cases). Vancomycin is an antibiotic that is used to fight bacterial infections. With regards to MRSA. MRSA is resistant to a number of antibiotics i.e certain antibiotics do not work against MRSA. However it is not resistant to Vancomycin (there are a few cases where it is). If you have been prescribed Vancomycin it is usually because a urine test found which bacterium is causing your condition and therefore which antibiotic is the best to treat your condition. With regards to dosage I cannot comment you will have to discuss that with a Dr or pharmacist.

I hope this helps. Take care

Emeraldgirl 23 Aug 2013

Hello Suzanne66

You are right Vancomycin is used to treat MRSA. There are other antibiotics that can be used too.