Most antibiotics are found to have deleterious long-term results, creating antibiotic-resistant organisms, making us unable to benefit from antibiotics in serious infections. Does anyone know whether this has weakening effects over time, or interferes with the body's ability to fight infections?
Rifaximin - What is known about the effects of repeated long-term use of this drug?
- 29 Aug 2013 by TinyBlonde
- 2 Nov 2013
- irritable bowel syndrome, infections, rifaximin, antibiotic, antibiotics
Added 29 Aug 2013:
I've just started on rifaxamin with positive results but am concerned about reports from others that the symptoms return and the course of medication has to be repeated. I've believed for so long that antibiotics do as much harm as good, and should be used minimally.
- Rifaximin Information for Consumers
- Rifaximin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Rifaximin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 3 Jan 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 12 Feb 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 26 Jun 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 25 Feb 2016 • 0 answers
Posted 19 May 2016 • 5 answers