Hi, for the past 2 weeks or so I have had really uncomfortable pain in my ribs, just under where my bra sits, the pain has got worse and is really sharp, my ribs and top abdominal feel really tight, I keep going dizzy and light headed, I also have really bad back pain and breasts feel tight heavy and sore, I have headache and I thought I could have been pregnant, I had all of the symptoms but all negative pregnancy tests, I had some heavy blreding for 3/4 days which was shorter and different to a period, the pain in my ribs is causing me to be unable to get comfortable,and is effecting my upper back and shoulder, what could this be please? What should I do? Doctors are useless!
Unfortunately, you need a doctor. It could be a host of different things from minor to more serious.
You need labs, an exam and possibly films.
You didn't mention which side of your chest hurts but it's ok...
I'm concerned about the dizziness and light headedness.
Here are my thoughts and you will see what I mean...
- Costochondritis which are the muscles between your ribs becoming inflamed.
It usually causes more pain when you take a deep breath in. It can mimic other problems thus the need for the doctor.
If you press on it does it hurt more? Any fever? It can be caused by any injury that you may not have been aware of. It could be viral. No cough? Coughing can even cause it.
- It could be GI or something in your abdomen which radiates the pain upward into the chest area. I'm wondering if you have a bleeding ulcer ? The pain may be from your stomach because the top is right by the ribs but more on the right side.
GI problems can cause back and shoulder pain. If you are bleeding slowly you may be anemic which would account for your dizziness and light-headedness. How's your endurance ? Are you getting short of breath on exertion? GERD can also cause chest pain. Do you have reflux or indigestion?
- Now to the more serious stuff.
Cardiac but I wouldn't worry too much unless you have hypertension, high cholesterol and family history. Your in your child-bearing years so your hormones kind of "protect" you. It NEEDS to be considered.
- There are some auto-immune diseases but the possibility plus the extensive list of symptoms would make me think you would have had issues.
- And of course, I need to ask if you have had your mammogram and doing self-exams ? We don't need to even talk about that. Just stay on top of your breast exams.
See what I mean? You need a doc! Get a new one who someone has recommended.
I hope you feel better soon.
I'm sure I've left other possibilities out so if any one else can add, please do.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 22 Oct 2013 • 6 answers
Rib Cage - fractured a rib (front). wont have to miss work but painful. have an old prescription for
Posted 7 Dec 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 28 Apr 2015 • 2 answers
Posted 8 Dec 2015 • 0 answers
Posted 10 May 2017 • 2 answers