Rheumatoid Arthritis - Why am I on methotrexate and plaqunil?

srandjlsims 3 Mar 2013

I am not quite sure of the medical answers to this question, however, it was on this site that I was told they are standard treatment options for RA. I too am on this "cocktail" as I call it. My success has been phenomenal, at least to me.

If you don't have any of the serious side effects, keep at it, don't give up. Listing of the side effects can be frightening, if that is your concern. I believe though, that if the side effects were that common this treatment would be stopped immediately. I had my own fears, mostly vain ones, but I feel so much better, more normal than I have had in too many years.

Make sure you get your eye Plaquenil check up and your monthly blood tests to make sure all is well and with a little bit of luck, you will be well too.

racr13 16 Aug 2013

Analab Clinical Research in Lenexa Kansas is doing a study on RA patients who are on Methotrexate! It pays real well and you get paid for time and travel on top of a great stipend! For more information call 913-221-0421X350.

Jennybear 3 Mar 2013

Thank you for your coment,Can you tell me how much Methotrexate your on

srandjlsims 16 Aug 2013

24 mg every Sunday, 8 pills. Since I started Enbrel, my Rhuemy is hoping to at least cut it in half in 3 months, I HOPE!