Rheumatoid Arthritis - I have RA, can taking methatrexate for a long time cause problems?

heidihoe 2 Nov 2011

Could what??

Anonymous 2 Nov 2011

Hi LB!!
Let me take a few minutes and research your medication. It may take me a while, but I'll be back.
I'm so happy for you on that other situation!! Very exciting indeed LB!!
Your friend,
Lara (aka sweet lemon)

Anonymous 2 Nov 2011

Hi again LB, I think I got you confused with another member, his name is Lifeback23 or something like that.
Anyway, I did research your med, right here on drugs.com, if you go up to blue bar, Drugs A to Z you may do your own research as well.
Here is what I found out...
Methotrexate RA med;
Do you have your blood tested often for liver disease? Also, use birthcontrol, whether you are a man or a woman, do NOT get pregnant nor get someone pregnant while on this med!!
Avoid sunlight.
Get emergency medical help if you develop the following side effects;
dry cough, shortness of breath. Diarrhea, vomitting, white patches or sores in your mouth. Urinating less than usual, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, headache.
Less serious side effects include;
Nausea, tiredness fatigue, dizziness, headache, bleeding gums, blurred vision.
Best of luck to you!!

Anonymous 2 Nov 2011

Thank you for looking this up and telling me how to find it for myself. Im new and just wondering about the med. I do take folic acid with it and I do get my blood work done regular. Again thank you. LB

Anonymous 3 Nov 2011

Hi again LB, you are welcome! I'm glad you have your blood work done, smart of you indeed!!