Revia - Any experience with pain management on tramadol while also taking naltrexone 50mg daily?

Delila 17 Apr 2013

Hi, although there are no interaction results when checking these medications on the Drugs.com site, i don't think it is a good idea to take these together. I was prescribed Naltrexone last year and had to ensure i had no trace of Tramadol in my system before i could start them. They both work on brain receptors and you could end up experiencing confusion and/or dizzyness, among other symptoms. Please speak to you doctor about this...

Factfinder411 17 Apr 2013

Naltrexone oral is an special narcotic drug that blocks the effects of other narcotic medicines and alcohol. Naltrexone oral is used to treat narcotic drug or alcohol addiction.

Are you trying to get off tramadol or using it as a subutex replacement? Taking both defeats the purpose of tramadol because Naltrexone will block the pain med.

505eva 18 Apr 2013

Naltrexone is an opiate blocker. Tramadol isn't an opiate, but it mimics one (I read that somewhere). If you are taking 50mg for fibro, that's a lot. I take LDN (low dose naltrexone) for fibro, but it's only 4.5 mg.

This probably doesn't help much.