I now have restless legs, been injecting Toujeo for 2 months What can I do?

mrbearsmom 16 Aug 2016

Hi. The best thing I can suggest is talk to your Dr. Asap. Not sure if there would be issues with using any of the drugs that is suggested for RLS with your current medication. I wish you the best. I hope you will be able to get some relief.

suzanne66 1 day 19 hours ago

Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is a common condition that affects the nervous system, resulting in uncomfortable sensations that cause an overwhelming urge to move the legs especially when resting.

The cause of RLS is unknown but it has been associated with certain conditions including diabetes.
Uncontrolled high blood sugars in people with diabetes can cause nerve damage, and may lead to diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Damage to the nerves of the feet and lower leg from peripheral neuropathy may be contributor to restless leg syndrome.

While there is no cure fro RLS, there are numerous ways in which treatments can control the condition and make life easier for patients including:

Establishing regular sleep patterns – avoiding evening naps, going to bed and waking up at the same time each day
Lifestyle changes – cutting out caffeine, alcohol and nicotine
Starting a regular exercise routine – but nothing before bedtime
Warm baths and leg massages

Certain prescription medications may also help - see your doctor for these.

Dopamine agonists - dopamine levels are thought to be lacking in people with restless leg syndrome. Examples include carbidopa/levodopa (Sinemet), pramipexole (Mirapex) and ropinirole (Requip).

Benzodiazepines - a class of sedatives which can help with sleep. Short-acting agents, such as clonazepam (Klonopin), triazolam (Halcion) and zolpidem (Ambien) are usually best for restless legs syndrome.

Anticonvulsants -these medicines are especially useful in patients whose symptoms are painful. They include gabapentin (Neurontin), pregabalin (Lyrica) and carbamazepine (Tegretol ).

For more information visit : https://www.drugs.com/health-guide/restless-legs-syndrome.html