... we try?
I was on Repatha for 3 months and my cholesterol went down, I think, about 30 points. But...
1. It's VERY expensive. I think it's something like $1500.00/month w/out insurance. With my insurance, I think my copay for three mos supply was $149. Some incomes won't support so much for only one med.
2. The 2nd and 3rd time I injected myself (it's a pen injector, really easy) I noticed my nose/face become really, really itchy and that lasted for at least a week or two despite me already taking two daily allergy meds for bad hay fever. My Dr is consulting with the mfg and has taken me off Repatha in the meantime.
I hope this helps. Good luck!
- Repatha Information for Consumers
- Repatha Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Repatha (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 6 Jul 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 1 Dec 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 28 Jan 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 25 Mar 2016 • 1 answer
Posted 5 Apr 2016 • 1 answer