Zyprexa has been a wonder drug for treating my treatment resistant severe depression/Bipolar 1 Disorder. I have tried most meds/all classes and this one after 30 years has been the most effective. Weight gain 20lbs in 2 months has caused significant problems to my already low self esteem and poor body image. I have been having binge eating episodes, due to sugar and carb cravings that feel really out of control! I had serious eating disorder that has been in remission for 15 years and the Zyprexa has wakened it's evil soul. I have stopped and started with the Zyprexa many times because of the weight gain and binging. Yet, the depression comes back within days after stopping it in the attempt to try to regain normality with my eating and weight gain. t Only to find my self immobolized with depression again. I have read many times here on drugs.com that people have stopped the drug due to weight gain yet they don't mention what medication they took other than zyprexa that has been a good replacement? I would like to know if anyone else has had success with other medications other than zyprexa for TRDepression/Bipolar 1?
Also, the drug Vynase for ADD/ADHD has been just approved for Binge Eating Disorder by the FDA. I was thinking I would see if my psych doc would be willing to put me on this to combat the binge eating associated with Zyprexa so I might be able to comfortably stay on it! As of now it is intolerable!!