I've tried countless of nasal decongestants on my doctors order yet nothing has worked... might i say that i've had this chronic nasal congestion for years maybe decades... i can't breathe through both nostrils at the same time one is completely in the off switch if i had to give a description for it air is neither breathed in or out of the single nostril while the other is fine and clear... also it switches nostrils every now and then... normally at night while i'm sleeping or laying down.

I've asked my doctor to send me to a ENT and prepare a X-ray since i'm tired of this... but i want to know what you think this may be... i personally think this is either sinusitis or a deviated septum(but i never had any trauma to my nose so i'm assuming that it's unlikely)

if you think you understand what my condition is please tell me what it is and what i can do and/or try...

my close friend is a doctor and told me to try otrivine aswell so i'm going to check that out soon...

Thanks ahead of time for helping me!