What is the relapse rate for alcoholism in patients taking tramadol?

balbanese 23 Aug 2012

ANY substance is a danger to recovery. The possibility rate is very high. Hope this helps.

Lisa01 23 Aug 2012

Good one Billy!
Lisa

balbanese 23 Aug 2012

Thank you Lisa. Seems I've been doing things right lately, not getting as many attacks and accusations of being a heartless evil maniac.

Anonymous 23 Aug 2012

Hello and welcome to the site MbieryStone. There are no numbers in clinical studies as to what the percentage might be. (if there are relapses) Regards, pledge

Delila 24 Aug 2012

Hi, i don't know if this is the answer you are looking for??? I am an alcoholic and some years ago i had a back injury and was prescribed Tramadol. In hind sight i shouldn't have started taking them as people with addictive personalities are advised not to - didn't know that at the time. Anyway long story short i became addicted to Tramadol but they kept me away from alcohol. I didn't drink for many months while taking them. Unfortunately though, when i got off the Tramadol i started drinking again. It seems i swap one for the other, but don't take both at the same time. I don't know if this helps at all?

Anonymous 24 Aug 2012

I think any personal accounts regarding the two help! Good answer my friend... Mary

Delila 24 Aug 2012

Thanks : ) I wasn't sure if it was really relevant?