I have only recently spopped drinking. Has anyone taken pristiq after recently stopping alcohol?

tlcandmore 28 May 2012

Hi Knotty,
Welcome to the site. I'm sorry no one has answered your question. If you have stopped drinking alcohol it shouldn't be a problem but I'm not a doctor. My hubby takes Pristiq with no problems but he wasn't a heavy drinker. My best advice is to talk to your doctor. Hope this helps.
Your friend -Terri-

Blue36 8 Aug 2017

I'll throw in my 2 cents even though I seen this was asked 5 years ago. As mentioned already, I'm neither a doc and would ask one about this. Me- personally, I'm a heavy beer drinker. If you've recently stopped, there shouldn't be an issue. I always do things in life that are frowned upon and told not to do. With that being said, I have mixed the two and I'm still alive. Doesn't mean you will be though. From what I read, it could intensify the effect. 3 beers would have the effect of 6, so limit yourself. I'm not encouraging mixing these at all as many are accidentally over dosed combing prescriptions/ alcohol but from the sounds of your post.. I think your ok. Limit yourself and talk to doc.