I was recently dropped from my contract. What can I take to help with the diabetic nerothapy?

butterflylynn 15 Nov 2012

I am not sure what you mean by being "dropped from your contact".

But Neurontin/ generic brand Gabapentin is a good medication I have found works well for me.. Have you ever taken this?
The Generic brand Gabapentin is usually on Pharmacy discount programs. I have one thru Walgreens were I pay $ 12 for a 3 month supply.
If you have not tried this you might talk to your Dr. about it.
Kathy

kaismama 15 Nov 2012

Isn't walgreen's great. Get a card for $20 and save hundreds.

Candylee1964 15 Nov 2012

I was on a drug contract because my Dr had me on hydrocodone and fentynal patches... I have been on gabapentin for years now due to my back problems. Now that I no longer have any pain meds, my neurothpy in my feet kills me. By the end of the day the bottom of my feet are on fire to the point that they are hard to walk on and of course the constant picking and burning...

kaismama 15 Nov 2012

Oh wow, that messes you up. How much neurontin are you on, it can go pretty high and you may need it increased.

Candylee1964 15 Nov 2012

I am on 200 mgs in the am, 200 mgs in the afternoon and 300 mgs at bedtime.

kaismama 15 Nov 2012

It can go up to 3600 mg/day, so you have room to have it increased.

butterflylynn 15 Nov 2012

Kaisma,
Yes the Walgreen Prescription plan does save you alot of money.
But for some reason I found this last month that they dropped Alot of my medications off of the "plan".
So make sure to pay attention to how much you used to pay & how much they are charging now. I have a bunch of various other discount cards which I had them run & received a discount thru them. But the pharmacist did tell me that they had dropped Alot of medications from the program. Kathy

butterflylynn 15 Nov 2012

Candylee,
Did your Dr. give you a reason for dropping your contract ? I know I have heard that alot of peoples Drs. Have been doing that due to the DEA cracking down.
But you can always find another Pain Dr. if you no longer have a contract.

It is a shame that these Drs. Are intimated by the DEA. I think the pain drs. That are doing this tells you that the Dr. was not prescribing to all his patients correctly.
Thank goodness my Pain dr. is Very secure with his prescribing & has actually added another pain medication to my strong Opioid that I am currently taking.

But you can Definitely increase your dosage on the Gabapentin to help with the neuropathy.. You should call your Dr. that is prescribing it & explain what is going on.

I take 900 mg. 3x day & it really helps.
Best of luck & call around to find another pain dr..
Kathy

kaismama 15 Nov 2012

Kathy, I got a email they were dropping pain meds, which really ticked me off and prompted an email to them. I have medicare now, so I don't use the card until I get to the donut hole, but it still made me mad for all the people who do.

butterflylynn 15 Nov 2012

Kaisma,
I didn't even get a letter I just went in for refills on the meds that Were on the plan last month... And was told 3 out of 4 of the meds that were on the plans had been dropped..very irritating..
Take care, Kathy

kaismama 15 Nov 2012

They are making a judgement of people with chronic pain by doing what they're doing. I just wish everyone would stop judging what is best for me to take, from the government on down.

butterflylynn 15 Nov 2012

Kaisma,
I Totally agree with you as NOBODY knows especially the Messed up Govt. what we as PEOPLE NEED.

It is so very irritating that all this is going on. And the thing that REALLY MAD is all of this was caused because of the DRUG ABUSERS ... The people that DO NOT NEED THEM...
There Always has to be a bunch of Bad seeds in everything we do.
Take care, Kathy