Ran out of wellbutrin 300mg, can I take the sr til I get my new prescription?

lindao1122 28 Jan 2010

If you're asking if you can take the SR instead of the XL (extended release)my Dr. actually prescribed 75mg SR in addition to the 150mg XL. I think its better than not taking it at all thats for sure. Some people do have reactions to the difference in the 2 pills but I am sure its better than skipping your meds. Good luck to you!

itsmetoo2 28 Jan 2010

When will you get your medicine in? Does your doctor have samples?
The difference between the two is the delivery of the medication in your system. The SR is slow release.
If it is going to be a few days call your doctor, then there should be no problem. But leave it up to your doctor.

jdoggt 28 Jan 2010

im no doctor but i would have too say yes because you need to keep the meds in your system cause you can go through some withdrawl if your bodies use to it..so i would say definately i would,but you might want to ask your doc,bu i think he would agree with me..good luck