I ran out of metformin 1000mg 2x. Should I increase my dose of glipizide 10 mg 1x a day to 2x a day?

kaismama 21 Oct 2012

Call your dr in the am, I have no way of knowing what your blood sugar has been running or how you're responding to the meds.

kaismama 21 Oct 2012

Oh, if you ran out because you can't afford a refill, if you go to the pharmacist and tell them, most will give you enough to cover until you will be in for more. And if its because you needed a new script, your pharmacy should contact the dr for permission to refill it.

briteeyes54 21 Oct 2012

My pharmacy is contacting my doctor in the a.m. to refill my prescription. Thank you for responding so quickly.

kaismama 21 Oct 2012

Its important I do in this case. I'm glad your pharmacist is helping you out. When you use the same pharmacy and they get to know you they will help in a lot of little ways if you need it.