What if I ran out of my levothyroxine and haven't taken it for over week?

chuck1957 21 Jan 2015

NOT GOOD but fill it right away and start taking it that day you do not have to work your way up like you might of when you started I can't stress it enough but if you just drop it for a week it can mess with your thyroid level and its hard to get it there to start with and it can cause you problems from stopping abrubtly Try and pick up your prescription a week or so before you run out Anyway if your been out for say a week just call the pharmacy pick it up today and start taking it. hope that helps you i hope you have not had or been burned out and messing you up for the last week..but this one is very importaint you do your best to take just as prescribed... again Chuck1957 hang in there and have a nice day... and stop that.