RA causes fatigue. What is the point of taking Methotrexate if it also causes fatigue?

pax1065 26 Dec 2015

Hi. I just started taking the methotrexate and have wondered the same thing. But I am hoping that the fatigue will be shorter in duration than that from the RA, and will make a difference in the long run. I just got diagnosed a few weeks ago, and the pain I was feeling was excruciating. A prednisone pack did little, and finally my pushing to see a rheumatologist finally worked. I feel that a diagnosis and a treatment plan is better than my primary not knowing what else to do with me. Or me feeling like I was going crazy. My thoughts are to give it a chance. Give myself a a chance. Hang in there. I know I am tired of being TIRED.