How do I quit tramadol?

Anonymous 10 Apr 2012

Depending what dose you're on you will probably need to cut back by 100mg anywhere from every 3 days to up to 7 days, you will know by how ou feel. If you feel really crummy then slow down. I've just recently went off myself and I found the last 100mg to be the hardest. Make sure you never stop cold turkey or you could have serious side effects. Also, it should be done under doctors direction. Take care & hope it goes well for you.

Delila 10 Apr 2012

Hi, a bit more info would be helpful, such as what dose you are on currently & how long you've been taking tramadol? Do you have any support to go through this with?

balbanese 10 Apr 2012

The same way one would quit any other pain med, gradually and with the help of a Dr. Usually, this can be achieved in 2-3 weeks depending on how much, how long, and how sincere you are about quitting.