Quetiapine - Is 25 mg safe for sleep long term?

chuck1957 19 Aug 2017

AS LONG AS YOUR STILL SEEING THE DOCTOR IS VERY IMPORTANT. many PEOPLE DO VERY WELL ON THIS MEDICATION BUT AS I SAID YOU DO HAVE TO BE UNDER A DOCTORS CARE, AND AS FAR AS THAT MEDICATION AT LEAST IT IS WORKING FOR YOU AND you are ON ONE OF THE LOWER DOSE. IF ANY DOUGHT CALL YOUR DOCTOR. CHUCK1957

GPORKY 22 Aug 2017

Thanks so much, I had a major anxiety attack 15 months ago after retiring 30 years from my job. Never had insomnia in my life never even heard of it, I am seeing a good Doc. he also told me such a low dose not to worry, I take 60 mg a day cymbalta and feel great again. I have never been a pill taker and I told my Doc it still bothers me to take every night, I want my old sleep back. Hopefully it will and seroquel won't give me any long term effects. Thanks for taking time to answer me I like this forum it helps to talk someone who is going through same situation. GOD BLESS!! GPorky

WildcatVet 19 Aug 2017

As my friend, Chuck, says be sure to follow your doctor's instructions carefully and stay in close touch. Quetiapine is prescribed off label for sleep ~ it is not approved because long term studies have not been done.

Windchimes123 19 Aug 2017

Hi Gporky,
I like Wildcat and Chuck's response.
I took Wuetiapine (Seroquel) for sleep.
It didn't work for me.
It's an anti-psychotic but used off-label for sleep.
Read the side effects.
I was hungry all the time especially at night so I gained 20lbs overnight.
Worst of all, I got a fast heart rate and my blood pressure dropped so I'd get up and passed out. I ended up with a fracture finger and subsequent surgery from the last episode.
Remeron did the same thing. I ended up in the ER with a BP of 80/50.
I now take Trazadone for sleep with Ambien.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes
:-)

GPORKY 22 Aug 2017

Thank you for answering me. I wanted to get on trazadone but my Doc said it has an interaction with Cymbalta, I take Cymbalta at 8:00 every morning and my sleep pill(seroquel) at 9:30-10:00 at night. Do you think he means if take them together??

chuck1957 22 Aug 2017

Gporky, No you're doing it right the medication should be taken just as you are. And at the dose of the Seroquel that should not cause you the type of problems that Wildcat had. But it is good to be aware and as long as it is working for you that is the best thing. And believe me, none of us like having to take pills but it's better than feeling the way we do without them. And like you said you have a good doctor and that is a huge part. Just keep doing as you are. Chuck1957

GPORKY 22 Aug 2017

Okay my ? Is do any better d you take trazadone for sleep in evening and cymbalta in morning for anxiety?? I have been told by two different physiatrist two different things one said their is interaction may cause syndrome and another says his patients take. Oath for years no problem!! Who do I believe and I have been praying about this so confused!! It either causes a problem or mo, once again I take cymbalta in morning and seroquel at night but I want to try trazadone it is so much safer!! Please help!!!