... trying to wean off of it completely. I have been on Effexor for almost 11 years now. I'm 51 and my life has stabilized to the point that I no longer feel it's necessary to be on this medication. My doc doubled my dose to 150 mg about 3 years ago when my divorce was final; it was extremely beneficial in helping me cope during that difficult time, but lately I was feeling doped, almost numb with no motivation at all! I talked to my doc and he agreed to drop my dosage to 75 mg for two months, and go from there. I'd eventually like to be completely off or at least at the very minimum. I guess my question is, what were your reasons for weaning off the meds? How long after you dropped down in dosage did you feel the effects? I only started the 75 mg capsules last week and I'm already feeling more energetic. Is that possible?
I feel the Effexor has been a contributor to my weight gain and as a result, my high blood pressure. I guess only time will tell, but I'd like to hear other's thoughts. Thank you!!