Hi, I'm 18 years old and have been coming down with a fever every 2-3 months or so for quite a while. It usually passed after a few days but recently I got a fever that was so bad I went to see a doctor and was diagnosed with tonsillitis. I was put on a ten day penicillin plan which after around a week made me feel fully better. It's currently two weeks after I got better and I have a fever and a sore throat. My right tonsil is swollen and sore but without pus.

My dilemma is that I'm at university and am finding my course very difficult, and have summative lab sessions which can't be rescheduled. If I miss as much as two weeks I will surely fail.

What does it sound like my problem is? Also I have a tiny minority of the symptoms of glandular fever and hepatitis so it's very likely to not be those.

Any help is very deeply appreciated, thank you