First, is there anyone who takes remeron/mirtazapine for anxiety only? I have been told by 3 docs, 1 psychiatrist, 1 psychologist, and 2 pharmacists that this med is routinely given for anxiety.

I am only taking 15 mg at night before bed. Been told I can go up to 30 mg daily. I was on it in the past at 30 mg but it never seemed to work the next day.

I was prescribed it as I had lost 15 lbs in less than 2 months (still trying to gain it back) and had trouble sleeping. So remeron seemed to be a good med, at least for these two issues.

So does anyone take remeron for anxiety and at what dose?

Also I have been given klonopin to take during the day. I was told 0.5 mg 3 times daily (or as needed). I cannot handle that much of it. Right now, I take 0.25mg (haf a pill) in the morning, and then 0.25 mg (the other half) in the late afternoon.

Some days it does not seem I need it in the afternoon, and I can get away with only the morning dose. Other days I know I need the afternoon dose.

Is 0.25 mg of klonopin once or twice a day really an effective dose? Or is this just my anxiety playing tricks on me? In other words, that half a pill comforts my mind and is more of a mental thing?

I would rather take as little as needed. I am in the middle of adjusting meds and getting them right.

thanks