Qsymia -recently prescriped this drug, but can't find it in pharmacies, any suggestions?? ?

kaismama 17 Feb 2013

Have you asked a pharmacist to get it for you?

4Bella 17 Feb 2013

Hello and thx for quick reply.
Yes , my Walmart pharmacist called their specialty drug department , their response was they did not carry the drug. According to the pharmacist, an additional 4 calls were made to name brand pharmacies without any luck.

4Bella 17 Feb 2013

Additionally, I live in Nevada. I'm not sure if this drug is regulated state -by-state. I may try calling the prescribing doctor to see if she knows where her other patients are finding the drug.

intanjir 17 Feb 2013

Qsymia is currently only available from a select few online/mail-order pharmacies. This is due to the FDA's concern that without extra initial safe-guards in place, patients may take Qsymia without realizing that it may harm an unborn fetus. Thus there is a need to insure that pharmacy personnel are trained to advise patients to avoid pregnancy while taking Qsymia.

Here is the list of participating online pharmacies:
http://www.qsymiarems.com/pharmacy-locator.aspx

4Bella 17 Feb 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you... this was just what I was looking for... I appreciate your time and effort to answer my question.