Qsymia - What can be done for contipation?

escapee 2 Aug 2013

I've been eating salads, apples, plums, PRUNES, pears, lots of raw veggies and fruits. And it's still something of a challenge. I'm going to try adding some Miralax or Metamucil for even more fiber. And we must drink LOTS of water. I had chronic constipation before starting on qsymia and take a drug called amitiza that usually works great but it was definitely inhibited by the Q! Hope we both can have great success.

Cafabela 15 May 2014

I also had horrible constipation with Qsymia at first. I started eating seven to nine prunes with each meal which included lots of raw vegetables. After two months the constipation stopped and I was on a pretty good schedule with the bathroom. I,m not sure if it was my body getting used to the medicine or my body getting used to the consistent diet of a lot of raw vegetables.

mwfox 27 Oct 2014

I am having the same side effect. My doctor suggested Fibercon. I also use a stool softener occasionally. I was drinking water and eating fruit and vegetables but now that I take the Fiber supplement I am ok.