This started about 1 1/2 months ago, I took some antibiotics my doctor prescribed for the beginnings of an ear infection. I thought it was just a bad reaction, one pupil would get really big, almost completely covering the iris, and the other was small. So I stopped taking the medicine and talked to my PCP about it, and he didn't give any insight as to what it was.
About a week and a half ago, no antibiotics this time, my pupils started changing the same way they did before - one would get big while the other would be small. They would switch randomly throughout the day which one was bigger, anywhere from an hour to just a few minutes. I would get dizzy and disoriented while it happened, and occasionally a shiver would run up my spine and I would feel a buzzing on half of my head (left, right, and back have happened so far, though it's usually either the left or right side).
Went to my PCP again and explained the symptoms (after this had been going on for a week) and he did some tests to check my vision and neurological functions. He told me I was fine and it's just stress (but he's referring me to a neurologist to have some tests done to cover all bases).
Earlier today, (not quite 2 weeks of my pupils almost constantly changing) both my pupils became extremely dialated, again nearly covering the entire iris in both eyes (chills ran up and down my spine, but that could have been an effect of the anxiety attack I started having after seeing them so big for no reason in a brightly lit room). All day today, they've been overly dialated (though they only got extremely dialated once or twice), and again one would be significantly bigger than the other and switching back and forth.
I got a CT scan at the hospital about 1 week into this after it started without the antibiotics, but everything came back normal. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I don't think it's stress related, as it has peaked during times when I'm not stressed at all. (After my episode today, though, I am thoroughly freaked out and going to an ER will just result in getting sent home with no answers again). So, if anyone has any insight, I would love to hear it.