My pulse rate is 88. My bp is 92/51 mmHg. What does this mean?

kaismama 19 Dec 2012

Are you on blood pressure meds? Your bp is slightly low and your pulse slightly high, but without other symptoms, or info, it doesn't mean much to me.

Anonymous 21 Dec 2012

Normal BP is 90/60-130/80 my most standards. You're diastolic BP is low and there can be a number of reasons why. Are you on benzodiazepines and/or opiates for anxiety and pain? High resting heart rates may be due to activity, fever, stress, an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism), anemia, stimulants (caffeine, amphetamines, decongestants, asthma medications, diet pills, and cigarettes), and various forms of heart disease.
However, I had a high pulse last time I went to my doctor which is very unusual for me. I was having a fibro flare and in horrid duos pain which can also cause it. However your BP tends to correlate and will be higher when in pain? Is this the first time you've had these readings? Best of luck!