Pulmonary Embolism -- First Event - Does a pulmonary embolism desolve over time?

itsmetoo2 7 Oct 2009

Your Physician will give you medicine to break it up. If the doctor thinks that this will happen again they may put a screen to act as a filter. Finding the blood clot is the major key. To prevent another is the next goal.

Wish you Good Health

DemoninDC 17 Jan 2012

Yes it does as long as you are taking Warfarin, Arixtra, or Lovenox. You need to see a hematologist and possibly a cardiologist. Make sure your hematologist orders an Echocardiogram.

rodfuller 7 days ago

I have this as well, my doctor informs me depending how large the blood clot is in your chest it can take a very long time. no medicine can dissolve it. Only your own body will. xarelto may prevent another clot only, not help to dissolve your clot.